SWI Duplex folders are way ahead of the competition. When designing the Duplex, we listened to what our customers wanted from an up & down folder. We listened to what they didn’t like about other machines on the market. The Duplex eliminates the inefficiencies seen in other up & down folders through intelligent design and incredible ease of use. Those of us who have used the SWI Duplex know that it’s easier to use than any traditional long folder.
We tested it with real flashings from one of the largest roofing companies in Australia. We now know that the SWI Duplex has at least 57.7% more capacity than a traditional long folder. In one test, we achieved 82.2% capacity improvement.
SWI’s latest model Duplex folder incorporates dozens of advancements in control and mechanical design, making them the preferred choice of the world’s largest and smallest roofing fabricators that include Kingspan in Europe and Metal Sales in the USA.
With the seemingly endless race to make folders move faster and faster, SWI has taken advice from Europe’s most experienced safety experts to engineer a machine that provides exceptional throughout with movements limited to sensible speeds that are less hazardous to operators.
- 280 Degrees of Free Space
- 150-degree Maximum Angle
- 40 cm (15.75-inch) Open Height
- 32-inch touchscreen
- Barcode Scanning & Integration with ShopLink & eBend app
- Very Simple Apron Position Mechanical Adjustments for Angle Tuning
- Recessed Fold Apron Geometry
- Automatic Lubrication System
- Internationally Available “Quiet” Hydraulic Pumps
- Lightweight Aircraft Aluminum Slitter Carriage
- Certified Laser Finger Detection at the Clamping Point
- Low Maintenance Folding Linkages
- Tapering Backgauge Included
- Maximum Fold Angle: 150/deg
- Standard Clamp Angle: 35/deg
- Width of Apron: 15mm (0.6”)
- Width of Heavy Gauge bar: 15mm (0.6”)
- Maximum number folds per program: 100
- Slitter Return Cycle: Tuned to customer requirements.
- 90-Degree Fold Speed: Tuned to customer requirements.
- Maximum Backgauge Speed: Over 400mm/sec (15”/sec)
- Power Connection: 415V/3PH/50-60HZ
- Maximum Backgauge position: 1220mm (48”)
- Minimum Backgauge Position 10mm (0.5″)
- Slitter offset from clamp: 60mm (2.4″)
High Powered Slitter
Aluminum 2 1 slitter head and powerful chain drive provide reliable slitting capacity up to 2.0mm (14ga).
Replaceable Clamp Inserts
The tip of the 2 folding clamps has replaceable hardened inserts that can be replaced should they be damaged.
Light curtain for the slitter carriage and laser finger detection are standard features on Marxman Duplex machines.
SWI Folders are internationally famous for their ease of use. All high-end advanced features can be used even by inexperienced operators, thanks to SWI’s clever 3D interface. This means less downtime, more production.
Comes with more Backgauges than our competitors. Eight Backgauges for an 8200 Simplex accommodating for parts as short as 500mm and with a range from 1220mm to 5mm. Speeds up to 500mm-per-second.
Optional Software Packages
ShopLink software links the SWI Slitter and SWI Folder together to eliminate shop floor data entry. The barcodes produced by ShopLink can be scanned at the SWI Folder to instantly load the folding program for each part. ShopLink can also be used to record coil consumption, production date & also keeps track of offcut stock.
eBend allows flashing & trim details to be sent directly from construction site to SWI Sheetmetal Machinery. Files automatically generated by the eBend app can be emailed directly to SWI’s range of Marxman slitters, Simplex & Duplex folders for direct manufacture without any further data input in the manufacturing process.
|wdt_ID||Working Length||Throat Depth||Mild Steel||Hi Tensile||Aluminum||Arms||Backgauges||Fold Cyls||Approx. Mass|